12.15.2014

31 Bits Holiday House Party

On Friday, I threw a 31 Bits Jewelry Party. The lovely ladies at 31 Bits sent me a big box of jewelry. I invited my friends and we tried on necklaces and bracelets while sipping coffee and cocoa. A nice way to spend a Friday, if you ask me.

Tassel Garland from Twigs & Twirls

Have you seen their jewelry? Do you have some?



Each piece is made by women in Uganda using paper that has been rolled into beads and dipped into varnish.


My pictures don't do these pieces justice. They really are more beautiful in person.  


And to display this stunning jewelry, my beautiful and talented friend, Heather of The Vintage Dandelion, let me borrow her lovely trays and jewelry holders. That she makes. From scratch. With her hands!


Gorgeous!



I love that each purchase impacts a community of women in a positive way. The needs of Ugandan women are being met in a real way. And not just their financial needs, but emotional and physical needs too. The way this business came into being is incredible. You can read their whole story here.






Which is your favorite?

No comments: